- The Police Chief or designee is authorized to restrict vehicular traffic as follows:
- Restrict vehicular and/or pedestrian traffic on any road and/or all roads and/or specific area within the municipality to protect lives and allow emergency work to be accomplished.
- Remove any vehicles that are parked or left abandoned on any street so as to open roads for emergency response vehicles.
- The [WHO] may order mandatory evacuation of homes or businesses as s/he deems necessary for the safety and welfare of the public.
- The [WHO] may order the closing of businesses and schools as s/he deems necessary for the safety and welfare of the public.
- The [WHO] may restrict access to certain geographic areas of [MUNICIPALITY] as s/he deems necessary to protect lives and allow emergency work to be accomplished.
- The [WHO] is authorized to purchase supplies and/or equipment that are necessary for the mitigation of this incident.
Go to Emergency Declaration Document
Return to Public Directives List