The Morris County Office of Emergency Management/EMS is seeking qualified/certified EMTs to work in a county-wide Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Response Program that supports our municipalities. Team members will need to have solid critical thinking skills, and be responsible for the direction of patient care for the sick and injured, while operating in non-emergency and emergency environments. The Emergency Medical Technician will be responsible for leading, directing, and participating in the delivery of Basic Life Support (BLS) and working in partnership with Advanced Life Support (ALS) teams in a pre-hospital setting.
We are seeking Emergency Medical Technicians who share a commitment to provide top-quality emergency medical services, and those who have a passion for helping others in need. Ideal candidates will remain calm under pressure, exercise good judgment, and make sound decisions while dealing with emergency situations. Candidates should have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Candidates should have the ability to multi-task and have proficient keyboard entry skills. Bilingual applicants are highly desirable.
EMS selection will follow the below listed process:
- Eligibility Verification – Application, resume submission.
- All applicants will be required to possess a current and valid Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification issued by the New Jersey Department of Health and meet the eligibility requirements for the Emergency Medical Technician job specification as outlined by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission.
- All applicants will be required to possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Selected applicants will be contacted to complete the Morris County OEM/EMS Realistic Job Preview.
- Selected candidates will be notified of the written examination, physical assessment, and EMS-BLS multiple-station scenario-based practical examination testing date.
- Candidates that successfully complete the entire examination process will move into the candidate interview process.
Note: Applicants who possess a higher level of certification such as Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic, or Mobile Intensive Care Registered Nurse Certification, issued by the New Jersey Department of Health, are considered to have met the EMT certification requirement listed above.
Position requires graduation from HS or equivalent, New Jersey residency, willingness to work shifts on a rotating basis including holidays and weekends, prior experience in 911 EMS response, completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment psychological assessment. Must have successfully completed all aspects of the hiring process.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience and certifications within the range of $18.00 – $22.50 per hour.
Interested candidates must e-mail a County of Morris Employment Application (http://morriscountynj.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/job.pdf), resume, and certifications to the attention of Director Jeffrey S. Paul, Morris County Office of Emergency Management (EMS) at [email protected].